09 February 2012

{why my husband rocks}

My husband is awesome.
Not only is he an amazing dad to our 8 kids,
but he is also a stellar husband.
The never-in-a-million-years-would-you-have-ever-deserved-someone-so-awesome kind of awesome.

But he is a skeptic by nature, so going into the whole hcg thing he had his reservations, despite the fact that he personally knows my friends that have done it with great success.
"So...you're taking a hormone from the pee from women in another country and putting it into your body and by doing this you are going to lose a lot of weight and keep it off long term?  Okay, cool."
Yet, despite his skepticism he is full-on supportive.  He counted calories once as a teenager and remembers it being crazy-hard.  He prayed for me the night before I started; because he's cool like that.

He knows it's hard for me, especially being here with the kids all day.  He knows how much I enjoy eating out and how much I always look forward to my nights out with my sister and my aunt.  The guy cares.

So far he has offered to skip our Sunday eating out meals, to which I declined the offer since the kids love them and it makes coming home after church and going straight to naptime a heck of a lot easier.

He has called to see if I need anything at the grocery every day.

Has told me repeatedly that it is totally cool if I don't feel like making dinner; he and the kids will deal.

He has refrained from eating treats.  Well, at least around me.

.....and, wait for it...

Has offered to be in charge of all the grocery shopping AND making dinner every night until I'm done.

I haven't taken him up on that offer completely,
I at least have to hang onto a semblance of being a good wife.
I do have my dignity, you know.
Plus I want him to still be alive when I'm done.  ;)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people. I'm a SAHM, you know. :)