06 February 2012

Spinach Salad w. Sweet Grapefruit Dressing
{Phase 2}

This was a definite improvement in the vegetable department!
There is hope for me after all.
::happy sigh::

I've pretty much been saving both fruit servings for the {Baked Apples w. Caramel Toffee Sauce} and the {Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream}

However, tonight my second son is getting his Arrow of Light in cub scouts and we are having a banquet so I know I'm not going to be home during the evening.  I also woke up craving a grapefruit.

As I was slurping the juice down like a crazy person drinking the grapefruit juice it occured to me that plain or even mixed with a little stevia it would make a really great spinach salad dressing.

I promptly called all the kids in and threatened them with bodily harm nicely asked them to please, please not throw my bowl of grapefruit juice remains out when they cleaned up the kitchen.
They nodded while giving each other that look where they all silently agree that Mom has once again lost her mind.

I patiently waited for lunch.
(Have I mentioned the most difficult part of this whole hcg diet is not being hungry?
In fact, I'm hardly hungry at all.  The most difficult part by far is just not being able to eat
when I WANT to.  I've mentioned that already?  Yeah?  Well, I'm mentioning it again.)

I took my grapefruit juice, mixed in a couple of drops of lemon stevia, and tossed it with my spinach.
I also had the {Grilled Tilapia} which I'm becoming quite fond of.
It was so good that I sent out an SOS to the two yahoo group that I'm on asking how big of a deal it was to have the same meal twice in one day.
Apparently it's a non issue.
For some reason in {Kevin Trudeau's book "The Weight Loss Cure"} he says not to have the same meal twice, but in the original {Pounds & Inches by Dr. Simeons} there is no such restriction.
Whew.

I may or may not have licked the plate.
I mean, no one saw me, so it didn't happen.  Right?
Apparently that theory is true in my four year old's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people. I'm a SAHM, you know. :)