05 February 2012

{recipe woes}

My biggest challenge has been finding protocol-friendly recipes.  If you google hcg recipes you can find all kinds of things but that majority of them alter {the official protocol put forth by Dr. Simeon in Pounds and Inches.}  I am pretty good with the protein as I am a high-protein-need person, but I am having a bear of a time with the veggies.

The allowed veggies are:

spinach
chard
chicory
beet-greens
green salad
tomatoes
celery
fennel
onions
red radishes
cucumbers
asparagus
cabbage


The first day I grilled a steak on my handy {indoor, smokeless grill .}  (Seriously, if you are doing this diet you need one.)  I also grilled an onion with it which was a big fail. Normally I like grilled onion but I slightly burnt it and I usually eat it with other veggies and since it was flying solo it left a very strong taste in my mouth.

I keep being tempted to mix veggies and have broccoli.  Those are both "not allowed" per the official rules.  I have looked all over the various forums and websites and the consensus seems to be that it doesn't bother some people but it does cause others to stall.  Which basically tells me nothing.  Maybe after awhile I'll be more willing to be adventurous, but as of now I pretty much want to play by the rules.

So I will be posting my recipes, and some of my recipe fails.  If anything just so when my brain is frazzled at dinner time I can get a quick idea.  And maybe it'll help someone else out in the meantime.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people. I'm a SAHM, you know. :)