05 February 2012

Salsa and/or Bruschetta
{Phase 2}
{Partial Fail, but Promising}



The first day I had the grilled tilapia I had the brilliant idea to create a salsa to go with it.
A protocol-friendly salsa.
Which means I could use a tomato
and everything else was going to have to come from spices.
I had tilapia with salsa once upon a time at Red Lobster that was very good,
so I was excited.

Was.

It was a fail.
I chopped the tomato, added salsa-sounding spices
like onion, garlic salt, and cilantro flakes.
It was a no-go.
I may try again and add some pepper-spice to it, but unless I can find a jalapeno spice I'm not sure I can recreate the salsa flavor.  I'm not sure if they even make a jalapeno spice and even if they do I'm not sure if it's allowed.
But it *is* something to think about.

So I decided to turn it into bruschetta.
I added oregano and basil.
It was promising.
I think I should have looked up what all is in bruschetta but I was in a hurry to take my daughter somewhere so when I was sitting in the car and took the first bite I literally told her to run into the house and grab the oregano and basil.

I ended up eating it on melba toast.
I can see how one could create a mini-bruschetta with that.
I mean, it would be all of like two or three bites.
Or even four or five if you want to really take your time with it.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people. I'm a SAHM, you know. :)