05 February 2012

Grilled Steak & Carmelized Onions
{Phase 2}
{Partial Fail}

First I should confess the carmelized part hasn't happened yet.  But it will.  The idea just occured to me and I have no reason to think it won't work.  If it ends up being a fail I will come back and alter this post.  Pinky promise.

On my very first vlcd (very low calorie day) I had a grilled steak for lunch.  It being February and all a good {indoor smokeless grill} is a very good investment on this diet.  I easily forsee our family using this a lot during the winter and possibly when we go camping.

The one I purchased is {here}  and so far it is exceeding my expectations.
Gotta love Amazon prime.

Anyway, I turned it on to like 325ish, sprinkled on some garlic salt, grilled it to medium and it was delicious.

The fail part was that I attempted to grill an onion.  I kind of burnt it.  Normally I like steak and onions but I realized I usually have other vegetables with it and in this case I was left with a very strong onion taste since I didn't have any other veggies to balance it out.

I most definitely will be having grilled steak again and will probably attempt another onion but I may try and do more of a carmelized thing in a skillet with some water and stevia.

Stevia is my new best friend.  We're bffs.  True story.

1 comment:

  1. Grilled onions are a special treat and yes it will work. We grill ours in the wok. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people. I'm a SAHM, you know. :)