05 February 2012

{my hcg}

There are as many different ways to do this diet as there are people.  Seriously.  There is so.much.information it can be quite overwhelming!  Homeopathic drops, homeopathic pellets, Rx sub lingual, Rx subcutaneous injections, Rx intramuscular injections, Rx nose spray, and even though it doesn't really qualify there are tons of people that are buying the scam stuff at places like Walmart that isn't even really hcg at all but a laundry list of amino acids that supposedly mimic hcg.  Whatever.

Out of my friends that have done it, I know one did homeopathic drops, another did SC (subcutaneous injections), and I'm not quite sure what the other two did.  But in the time since my friends did homeopathic, hcg has been majorly cracked down on in the US.  And even though I'm a huge fan and advocate of natural remedies and healthy living, homeopathic remedies (not to be confused with herbal) have never worked very well for me, so I decided I wanted to go for the real stuff.

It took me forever to find somewhere that looked reputable and sold real hcg.  At the time I couldn't quite get my brain around the idea of mixing it myself so I wanted to find it premixed.  I did, and even though it cost me an arm and a leg, comparatively, it was great for a beginner.  Of course I ended up ordering it at the beginning of January when everyone and their brother decides to lose weight so it ended up being on back order.  Boo.  It took three weeks to get here but that three weeks gave me plenty of time to do more research online and really gear up mentally for it.  So not all was lost.

It arrived last Monday and being overly eager I went ahead and did one dose that night.  Yay me.  I then proceeded to "load" on Tuesday and Wednesday and gained close to two pounds during those two days.  Not fun, but "they" say it's necessary, so who am I to dispute "them?"


This is now my sixth day dosing sublingually.  It only took me about a day and a half to realize that holding liquid under my tongue for five minutes three times a day and not being able to eat or drink 30 minutes before or after wasn't really going to work out for me all that well.  It's kind of hard to not talk when you have eight kids and you have to homeschool five of them.  Not to mention planning my meals and the timing of them around their meals.  It was complicated.  So off I went to research another dosing method.

After yet more investigating online and talking with my friend that did the injections I decided to switch.  I had realized after ordering my one bottle of premixed hcg that I was going to probably need more so I chose to go with SC injections when this bottle runs out.  I was a bit nervous about the idea of sticking a needle into myself.  But I went ahead and picked up a box of insulin needles to see if I could get up the nerve.

Dude.  You seriously don't even feel it.  I am not joking.  I totally wish I had figured this out prior to ordering that first premixed bottle.  Oh well.  Maybe this will help out someone else.

Anyway, that is the long way of saying that I have started round 1 (hereby referred to as R1 since I need to be savvy with the lingo and all) with premixed Rx hcg drops but will be switching to SC injections in the near future.

Unless, of course, I happen to lose all my weight with that first bottle. I would totally be okay with that.  It kind of sucks grocery shopping for a family of ten when you can have all of like ten foods. Okay, more than ten, but still.  And Costco the day before the Super Bowl....dear Lord, help me, please.  Seriously.  That is a real prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people. I'm a SAHM, you know. :)