07 February 2012

Rosemary Chicken & Spinach Soup
{Pretty Much A Fail}

Today I went into the kitchen intending to water sautee chicken with a bit of garlic and rosemary.  I still hadn't decided what to do for the vegetable portion seeing as how I'm, you know...
{Vegetable Challenged.}

While I was throwing the chicken in the pan I had the bright idea to turn it into a soup.  I'm a bit chilly today and wanted something that looked like more food than it was so soup seemed like a good idea.

I added more water, threw in some garlic powder, rosemary, ginger, a squeeze of lemon juice, and some onion powder.  It looked like it was creating a nice broth.
When the chicken appeared mostly done I took it out to cut it up for the soup and meanwhile tasted the broth.

I had forgotten the salt.

I reached for the salt grinder since we use sea salt.
You know, because we're healthy like that.
But seeing as how I'm a salt person, I said to myself,
"Forget this," and reached for the bag of pre-ground salt.

You probably shouldn't do that.
You should also go easy when using rosemary.
Just sayin'.

But wait, it gets better.

Like I said, I'm a salt person, so I could deal.
Added a bit more water and put the chicken in it.
Took my very full bowl back to my desk and took a bite.

Like I said, you probably want to add salt in smaller quantities.
And, the chicken tastes much better grilled or sauteed with the spices, not boiled.

So I kept the broth and spinach and went to fix another batch of chicken.
I sauteed it like I did for the {Sauteed Chicken w. Spinach} and it was much better.
So I decided to not throw it into the soup.

With great reservation I retreated back to my desk and enjoyed my now lukewarm broth and chicken.
It was an okay lunch.
::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people. I'm a SAHM, you know. :)